Terms & Conditions
BuyArtNow is owned and operated by Art House Reproductions, our office is in Brisbane, Queensland. We only support artists and photographers residing in Australia, supplying their work worldwide. BuyArtNow acts as a service provider for photographers and artists wanting to sell their images as prints, reproductions, original artworks or other products available from Art House Reproductions.
Before using our website, www.buyartnow.com.au, you must read, agree with and accept the Terms and Conditions of Use, understand and agree to our policies as listed here. BuyArtNow reserves the right to change these policies at our discretion, at any time and they form part of these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree with or accept these Terms and Conditions of Use, you should not use the BuyArtNow website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
|BuyArtNow/We/Us||The website BuyArtNow, owned and operated by Art House Reproductions.|
|Artist||The person who creates an original artwork/painting and holds copyright to that piece.|
|Photographer||The person who took and created the digital image and holds copyright to that image.|
|Seller||An Artist or Photographer who joins BuyArtNow for the purposes of listing images for sale.|
|Buyer||Anyone purchasing artwork from this site.|
|Images||A term used to cover the digital files of artworks and photographs supplied by Artists or photographers.|
|User||Any person who visits the BuyArtNow site either as a customer or provider for any purpose.|
|Content||Refers to any and all text, images, graphics, titles, original artworks, reproductions, photos, videos, profiles or links as displayed on the BuyArtNow website.|
|Copyright||Copyright of all artworks and photograph on this site is the property of the respective creators of those artworks or photographs.|
|Original||Refers to the original painting or artwork as created by the Artist. It does not include reproductions. Also referred to as Original Art, Original Painting.|
|Reproduction||A printed form of a digital image created by a photographer. Also referred to as a print.|
|Digital Art||Artwork created digitally using computer software.|
|Digital File||A digital file is the image supplied by the artist or photographer for the purposes of printing the products as listed on the website.|
|Acrylic||A product supplied by us - see website for details.|
SELLERS - Artists
This section applies to any artist wishing to sell their images on the website.
Agreeing to list your work on our site requires that you have read, understand and accept all of these Terms and Conditions of Use, including our Sales, Refunds and Returns, Shipping and Payment policies. These policies may change from time to time and all form part of the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Application to Sell Your Images
- Click here to Register Your Interest and fill in the details as required. We will review your application and notify you within 24 hours.
- You can choose to sell Original Artwork, Limited or Open Edition reproductions on our site.
- It is a requirement of participation in the site that all prints, reproductions or products sold from this site must be printed by Art House Reproductions.
- There is one level of membership, everyone get's the same deal - see here for more details - SellArtNow.
- On application we will provide you with the detail required to get your art listed on our site.
- While we do not judge content, only images meeting our strict file requirements will qualify for listing.
- You give us permission to use your images for promotion via social media and other electronic means. If we choose to use your image for any use other than this, such as printed brochures etc, we will contact you and request permission in writing.
Listing images for sale
- Staff at Art House Reproductions are responsible for listing your art to ensure a consistent look to the website.
- We provide you with an online form to gather information about you and each image to be listed. Use of these forms is mandatory to ensure ease of site preparation.
- Updates to information is always possible but please ensure the information is as accurate as possible first time.
- If you choose to offer "Limited Edition" images, then you can set the price and choose the media options. we will take care of all other aspects of the sale. You must provide us with all the necessary details to list your images correctly.
- In order to deliver works in a timely fashion we would prefer that you provide us with a Digital Signature and a number range for sales so we can supply the works to the buyers as soon as possible.
- If you want to personally sign the works, then this may incur extra freight costs on your behalf if you are not local as we may need to send the work to you before sending to the buyer. This may inhibit frame sales hence the digital signature is the preferred option.
- Limited Editions require that you provide a Certificate authenticity to the buyer. This can be completed and signed personally by you and posted direct to the buyer to confirm your authentication of the works.
- If you choose to offer "Open Edition" images, then we will take care of all aspects of listing your work. You must provide us with all the necessary details to list your images correctly.
- You can supply us with a digital signature which we can add to the works if you wish. No Certificate of Authenticity or numbers are required for Open Editions.
- Open Editions offer the greatest chance of sales as the product will be available in lots of sizes and product options.
Commissions and Costs
- Each sale of a reproduction is subject to a 25% commission
- We deduct the printing cost plus commission and pay you the balance.
- Original art sales are subject to a commission of 15% only. We do not charge commission on any custom frames included with the artwork.
- If a frame sale is made - will pay you 5% of the Frame component.
- Freight costs are added to the advertised price and paid by the customer.
- All prices shown on the site include 10% GST.
Discounts and Special Offers
- The site allows for discount offers by way of percentage or fixed dollar figure to be offered site wide or for specific stores only.
- You can contact us to arrange a time specific, price specific offer any time you like for your store.
- We will only run a site wide special with approval from 75% of members
- Printing costs remain the same, commissions are based on the discounted sale price.
Payments to Artists
- You are required to supply Art House Reproductions with bank account details so deposits can be made as appropriate.
- Payments will be made on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- These payments will be made at least one week after receipt of goods by the customer to allow for any refunds or disputes.
Refunds, Returns and Warranty claims
- The customer has 7 days from receipt of goods to request a return or replacement of their order.
- In the event of goods being returned, no commissions will be paid.
- In the event of replacement - commissions will be paid once the customer is satisfied.
- Our Warranty is a 50% replacement offer and applies to artwork that has been in their possession for some time - they return the damaged goods to us, we replace it at 50% of the current price. This warranty covers accidental or deliberate damage, fading or any other fault beyond our control.
Use of your images
- It is agreed that you always retain copyright of your images.
- You give us permission to use your images for promotional purposes such as Social Media (Facebook, instagram, Google +, Twitter etc) and Google advertising.
- You give us permission to use your images as part of an email blast to potential clients who have registered their interest on www.buyartnow.com.au.
- If we decide to do any printed advertising using your images, we will contact you for specific permission to do so.
- We will contact you via email as soon as an order is received but you agree that we can go ahead and print the order as soon as possible to ensure speedy delivery to the client.
Please sign in to leave a comment.