As soon as we know - you'll know!
Here's how it works...
- Someone places an order on the site and pays for it.
- We get an email advising us of the order.
- We send you a copy of the order to let you know that we will be printing it shortly.
- If the work is Open edition it's easy, we print and dispatch.
- If the work is Limited Edition, then you will need to (A) provide us with the next number in the series and (B) send a Certificate of Authenticity to the client. We will add the number and your digital signature to the reproduction. NOTE - it is your responsibility to maintain the records of Edition Numbers.
- We will advise you when the artwork has been sent. You should send the Certificate the same day if possible.
- We make payment to you either on the 1st or 15th of the month, following on from when the 7 day Return/refund policy has expired.
How are the costs divided up?
REPRODUCTION SALE -
Let's assume a reproduction sells for 4.2x cost - that's the figure we work on most often. So if the cost is $50, the retail price will be $210.00 (4.2 x $50.00)
RETAIL PRICE $210
less 25% Commission - $52.50
Less printing cost - $50.00
LEAVES A BALANCE OF $107.50 - this is what you earn.
If by chance, you have a reproduction in stock and want to use that instead of us printing another one, that's fine, we simply get you to send the artwork direct to the client and we pay you for the postage and do not deduct the printing cost.
ORIGINAL SALE -
We only take a 15% commission on Original artworks sold. If you get the original to us we can send it for you or we will pay you what the client paid for freight and you can send it yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions...
Q: Can I log in to see if orders have been placed on the website?
A: At this time the system does not allow that for individual artists, only Administration staff. It may in the future.
Q: How do I know you aren't taking orders and not telling me?
A: Short answer is that you don't. The more comforting answer is that we'd be cutting our own throats and killing our business if we didn't tell you. How do we know that the order wasn't placed by a friend of yours to test us?
If you asked someone to order and we didn't tell you, we've just committed theft and copyright infringement. The first thing you'd do is tell the world about what we did and then you'd sue us. Honestly, I don't want that to happen so we will always tell you about any order that comes in. In fact we'll often tell you about the ones that got away - people that contact us about your work and then for some reason, don't buy - if we know why, we'll tell you.
Q: How do I know how many people have been looking at my site?
A: From time to time, you can request site statistics and we can give you the following information...
- Page Views
- Bounce Rate
- Avg. Time on Page
The Terms and Conditions for Artists using BuyArtNow