First - the Technical Part (keep reading, it's not scary!)
- This Catalogue is a Google Document we share with you. It opens in any Browser window (Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc) simply by clicking the link we provide.
- It automatically saves whenever you enter data, you don't have to do anything.
- The pricing is always current so the sheet never goes out of date.
- While you can print it out, we don't recommend that because if prices change, your printout will be wrong.
- As this sheet shows your costings, don't share it with anyone not involved directly in your business.
WHAT DOES THIS CATALOGUE DO FOR YOU?
- It provides you with a list of all the artwork we've copied for you.
- You can calculate printing costs for any image in almost any size at any time.
- You can use it to work out your selling prices.
- You can keep a record of the sizes you want to offer, how you want to offer them and what price you want to sell them for.
- The form has a list of all relevant links you need to place orders, list your art on our site and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The form opens at the "TABLE OF CONTENTS". This is the list of all artwork we have copied for you.
- Your Artwork is listed in alphabetical order by Title.
- There are several ways to navigate to a particular image
1. Hover your mouse over the words "Jump to Artwork" then click the link that pops up.
2. Scroll across the bottom and choose a title, click on it.
3. Look for the 4 black bars in the bottom left corner and choose from the list that pops up when you click on it.
The image below is an overview of the individual ARTWORK LISTING page
Left hand top corner - Artwork Details
- Title, code number, original size, largest recommended size and a pricing calculator.
- A link to this Knowledge Base article should you need help.
- A link cell to take you back to the TABLE OF CONTENTS.
Right hand Top Corner - Important Links
- Save these in your Bookmarks
Middle Left of Screen - Pricing Options
- Optional sizes
- Select a product to suit
Middle Right of Screen - Mark-up options and Product Details
- You can change the mark-up to whatever you want
- A link to learn more about pricing your reproductions
- A description of the product you have selected in the Yellow box on the left.
Bottom Part of the page - Make your own list
- Choose a product
- Enter the print size and costs calculated above
- Adjust your mark-up to suit
- Add extras and set the mark-up for them
- Make note about what you are offering
Here is an example of our most popular paper - "Paper - Sihl MC Cotton Rag 320gsm"
Here is an example of our most popular canvas - "Canvas - Premium 430gsm"
Looking at the right hand top corner you will see a list of links to some forms and sites you might need.
Changing the Mark-Up
Our Calculator is defaulted to a 4.2 mark-up because that's what we use on www.buyartnow.com.au
By clicking on this box, you can choose from several options or simply put in your own mark-up number. This will change all calculation to a multiple of your choice.
THIS IS YOUR SECTION TO RECORD THE PRODUCTS YOU WANT TO OFFER
This is the section at the bottom of the sheet.
THIS LIST ACTS AS YOUR PERSONAL MASTER PRICE LIST FOR THIS ARTWORK.
Once you have selected Media and sizes from the Calculator you can enter that data in this area.
Product - Type in the Paper of canvas of your choice.
Height and Width - Type in the dimensions of your chosen size - USE NUMBERS ONLY.
Print Only My Cost - Copy this from the calculator.
My Mark-up - The default and our recommendation as a minimum is 4.2 - you can change this number if you want.
Print Only RRP - The form will calculate your RRP based on your entry in the previous two columns - or Fill your own if you want to round things off (eg. having a single price for all "small" artworks).
Add-Ons Cost - This is things like matte and foamcore, framing or whatever extras you might add to the basic reproduction.
Add-Ons Markup - The default is 2x but you can change this number for each individual piece.
Total RRP - This will be the addition of the reproduction cost and the add-ons at Retail Price - or Fill your own.
Your Notes - Write here whatever you need to know about this particular product.
1. You can enter or change data in any of the YELLOW BOXES.
2. You can enter data in the BOTTOM SECTION white/grey boxes.
3. The rest of the sheet is LOCKED so you can't break it!
4. Use NUMBERS ONLY in those columns requiring numbers - do not put $ signs or cm - just numbers.
5. This sheet is not connected to BuyArtNow pricing and is to be used as reference only.
6. This sheet is connected to our master price list and is always current.
7. Our recommended minimum markups used for Retail Price calculations are as follows:
- Paper Reproduction - unframed, unmatted - 4.2 x cost
- Canvas Reproduction - Rolled only - 4.2x cost
- Stretcher Frame for Canvas - 2x cost
- Gallery Floating Acrylic - 3.2x cost
- Metal Mounts - 3.2x cost
- Any framing you have done - 2x cost
ANY QUESTIONS - PLEASE ASK US!