First - the Technical Part (keep reading, it's not scary!)
- This Catalogue is a Google Document we share with you. It opens in any Browser window (Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc) simply by clicking the link we provide.
- It automatically saves whenever you enter data, you don't have to do anything.
- The pricing is always current so the sheet never goes out of date.
- While you can print it out, we don't recommend that because if prices change, your printout will be wrong.
- As this sheet shows your costings, don't share it with anyone not involved directly in your business.
WHAT DOES THIS CATALOGUE DO FOR YOU?
- It provides you with a list of all the artwork we've copied for you.
- You can calculate printing costs for any image in almost any size at any time.
- You can use it to work out your selling prices.
- You can keep a record of the sizes you want to offer, how you want to offer them and what price you want to sell them for.
- The form has a list of all relevant links you need to place orders, list your art on our site and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The form opens at the "TABLE OF CONTENTS".
This is the list of all artwork we have copied for you.
- Your Artwork is listed in alphabetical order by Title.
- Click the YELLOW BOX on the right side of this table to navigate to, and see the details of any particular image. This will take you to the specific page for that image.
The image below is an overview of the individual ARTWORK LISTING page
Looking at the left hand top corner you will see all the details about the image -
- Title, code number, original size, largest recommended size and a pricing calculator.
- A link to this Knowledge Base article should you need help.
- A link cell to take you back to the TABLE OF CONTENTS.
Looking at the right hand top corner you will see a list of links to some forms and sites you might need.
THE PRICING CALCULATOR
There are some options for you to play with in this section
- You can change the options in the YELLOW BOXES to select different papers or canvas and choose different sizes based on selection the preferred height or width.
- The pricing and options will change depending on the media you select.
- The box to the right "About this Media" tells you about the paper or canvas you have selected.
Here is an example of our most popular paper - "Paper - Sihl MC Cotton Rag 320gsm"
Original Size - The original size of your artwork will always be listed first.
Resize - Fixed Height - CM - Choose from the options to calculate alternate sizes where the height is chosen by you.
Resize - Fixed Width - CM - Choose from the options to calculate alternate sizes where the width is chosen by you.
Border - This is the amount of white space that will be ADDED EACH SIDE of the printed image. You have the option to change this but we will advise you of the most appropriate size when you order.
Rolled Cost - This is the "Print Only" price for a single Reproduction. Your reproduction will come rolled or flat depending on size and quantity.
Rolled RRP - This is our suggested Minimum Retail Price based on a mark-up of 4.2x cost.
Here is an example of our most popular canvas - "Canvas - Sihl Luna Artist Canvas - 340gsm"
Everything is the same as for paper reproductions but now you have the added option of a stretcher frame.
Framing Cost - This is what it costs you for a stretcher frame.
Your Total Stretched Cost - This is the complete price of canvas and stretcher frame, ready to hang.
Stretched Canvas RRP - This is the price we recommend you sell a stretched canvas. This calculation is based on 4.2x cost for your art (canvas) and 2x cost for the stretcher.
THIS IS YOUR SECTION TO RECORD THE PRODUCTS YOU WANT TO OFFER
This is the section at the bottom of the sheet. THIS LIST ACTS AS YOUR MASTER PRICE LIST FOR THIS ARTWORK.
Once you have selected Media and sizes from the Calculator you can enter that data in this area.
Product - Type in the Paper of canvas of your choice.
Height and Width - Type in the dimensions of your chosen size - USE NUMBERS ONLY.
Print Only My Cost - Copy this from the calculator.
My Mark-up - The default and our recommendation as a minimum is 4.2 - you can change this number if you want.
Print Only RRP - The form will calculate your RRP based on your entry in the previous two columns - or Fill your own if you want to round things off (eg. having a single price for all "small" artworks).
Add-Ons Cost - This is things like matte and foamcore, framing or whatever extras you might add to the basic reproduction.
Add-Ons Markup - The default is 2x but you can change this number for each individual piece.
Total RRP - This will be the addition of the reproduction cost and the add-ons at Retail Price - or Fill your own.
Your Notes - Write here whatever you need to know about this particular product.
1. You can enter or change data in any of the YELLOW BOXES.
2. You can enter data in the BOTTOM SECTION white/grey boxes.
3. The rest of the sheet is LOCKED so you can't break it!
4. Use NUMBERS ONLY in those columns requiring numbers - do not put $ signs or cm - just numbers.
5. This sheet is not connected to BuyArtNow pricing and is to be used as reference only.
6. This sheet is connected to our master price list and is always current.
7. Our recommended minimum markups used for Retail Price calculations are as follows:
- Paper Reproduction - unframed, unmatted - 4.2 x cost
- Canvas Reproduction - Rolled only - 4.2x cost
- Stretcher Frame for Canvas - 2x cost
- Gallery Floating Acrylic - 3.2x cost
- Metal Mounts - 3.2x cost
- Any framing you have done - 2x cost
ANY QUESTIONS - PLEASE ASK US!