There are countless transport options and all will charge a different rate, go to different locations, some say they deliver the product but actually outsource to smaller freight companies. Not all of them will include insurance, in fact most don't, some you pay extra for it and some will not cover artwork AT ALL!
Many freight companies will require you have an account to get a better deal on freight costs by purchasing vouchers. Do your research in your area and find out what works best for you. Here at Art House, we use 4 different couriers - Australia Post, Couriers Please, Fastway and Startrack Express. There is no such thing as the perfect freight company - you are at the mercy of the guy driving the truck and how well he can read and interpret instructions.
- Australia Post -
- relatively cheap and fast
- must pack well as parcels get tossed into crates where larger heavier things can land on them
- National or International but check website for maximum sizes.
- Prices can be calculated on www.auspost.com.au
- Pay the extra for insurance
- A courier company like Fastway, Couriers Please, Startrack Express, FEDEX, DHL etc
- Each will vary in what they can offer you - make your own enquiries regarding costs and insurance
- A dedicated art transport company like International Art Services (IAS).
- these cost more but will be far more likely to look after your art the way you would. Especially good for large artworks. Many of our clients send originals to us using IAS.
Listed below are specialised art courier services artists have use to send work to us and have returned to them. We have not had any bad experiences with any of these couriers but it’s up to you to choose.
International Art Services – www.iasdas.com.au
Moving Art – www.movingart.com.au
Noosa, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne twice monthly
Vanloads – email@example.com – 0488 222 298
Weekly runs between Sunshine Coast/Brisbane?Gold Coast to Sydney and surrounds
Fortnightly runs to Melbourne and Surrounds
delivery to regional area along these routes.