For members of "The Complete Artist's Selling System", with art listed on www.buyartnow.com.au we would like to for you this opportunity....
Gallery 6 31 POP UP!
You can use our lower gallery section as a pop-up gallery for 1-2 days FOR FREE! This is ideal for those of you that don't have a facility for the general public to view your work or are from out of town and want a really quick show. It's all up to you.
Here's how it works...
Here's how it works...
THE SPACE ON OFFER:
- The area you can use is the lower reception area in Unit 6, the entry to Gallery 6 31, as shown above
- Wall 1 is 3.6m with gallery hanging system
- Wall 2 is 3.7m with gallery hanging system
- Wall 3 is 0.8m with a hook on the wall
- Wall 4 is 1m with a hook on the wall
- Wall 5 is the lead up the stairs, there is one section that is 0.8m with a hook on the wall and a smaller section on the bottom part of the stairwell for a small work
- The front of the room is all glass windows with roller blinds - If you have easels you could place them against these windows
- There is a display cabinet against Wall 1 for showing off blocks, small matted reproductions, cards and any other small items you may have.
- There are three chairs and a coffee table in the room, which can be removed or we can if you prefer, provide a table.
- There will also be a print rack if you have unframed, matted reproductions, or in sleeves.
- Toilets are available upstairs in the main gallery
- Tea and coffee making facilities are in the gallery kitchen - BYO everything except water.
- There is a fridge in the gallery if you need to keep things cold.
- Book the Gallery Reception for 1 to 2 weekdays only (not available on weekends)
- You can be open from 9am to 8.00pm
- Set up and break out at the start and end of the days booked. It's your job to set up and pull down - we provide the blank canvas, no labour apart from some initial guidance as to how to use everything. You can access the room from 7.00am to get set up.
- It's your job to man (or woman) the show for the open times.
- Want to book a time now? Email us to lock in your dates.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What commission does the Gallery take?
None - we offer the space for free, if you do all the work, and do all the sales, and clean up when you finish.
- Does Art House do any promotion?
Yes, we will email our client list and all who have registered for our newsletter. we will promote on Facebook and Instagram.
- Do I, the artist, have to do any promotion?
ABSOLUTELY - it's YOUR show! Use every avenue at your disposal to get the word out to those that might be interested - email, social, flyers, personal invites, yell it from the roof tops!
- What sort of work can I bring in?
Anything you create or have created that you sell as your art - Original, reproductions, cards, blocks, T-shirts, Coffee cup, magnets, jigsaw puzzles, sculptures - anything you have to sell!
- Should I have refreshments, drinks and food?
It's not a party - it's about selling your art!!! We don't recommend you provide refreshments as you don't want people just coming for the free drinks. Sure, if you want to offer someone a coffee, there are facilities upstairs for that but food gets messy and you will need to clean up any mess. A bowl of chocolates on the table is fine.
- Is there any signage outside?
We have two A Frames that direct people who enter the complex, towards the gallery, they show Gallery 6 31 Signage. If you want to put your own sign in the A-Frame the size is 90 x 60cm - if you don't have one, and want us to print one, then we will work out a price based on the artwork required and then to print and mount a poster for the period of your display. You get to keep the sign when finished. While there is currently no signage on our Billboard at the front of the complex, that will change in coming weeks as we finalise arrangements with a company for new signage there.
- Will the upstairs gallery be open at the same time?
Yes it will - if someone wants to wander upstairs to view the other work I'd encourage you to suggest they do... after they've viewed yours. This will give you time to think about what you've learned from them while they look at your art. I encourage you to ask lots of questions, so you can find reasons why they should buy a particular piece. Then, when they come back down, encourage them to talk about what they saw, what they liked, then use this to your advantage to try and close a sale. If they decide to buy something from upstairs, then think of it as doing a good turn for one of your other TCASS members. There may well be people show up to see the gallery that were not a result of your promotion - as long as someone makes a sale, that's all we really want.
- Can you print some flyers for me?
We are not really set up for printing flyers - best option would be Vista Print - they offer quantities as low as 50 for around $15 to as many as you need on a variety of stock.
- What's the Security like at the Gallery?
The front door is controlled by a timed lock so is open during the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm and automatically locked at other times. we are notified by a buzzer in our work area when someone enters the door. There is video surveillance on the front door and upstairs in the gallery and when nobody is here there is back to base monitored security. The carpark is quite safe, we've not had one issue in the 12 years we've been here. If you are open past 4.30pm, my normal knock-off time, I will most likely still be upstairs anyway so it's unlikely you will be on your own.
- How can people pay for their purchase?
If you have your own Eftpos facilities that would be ideal, not hard to get these days. You can also have a laptop handy to offer people payment by Paypal or direct deposit. I'd suggest cash in plain brown paper bags would be the best option :) If you would like us to take care of an Eftpos payment, we can do that, then transfer the money to you late, less a 2% fee.
- Do I supply my own packaging?
Yes - imagine this is being held in a bare room with no other support from anyone, so you need to bring everything you need. I would assume that most of your work would be transported packed in something - it can go back in that, unless it's an old bedsheet! Packaging costs money so if you need us to pack it, we will need to charge you for it - remember you are getting the room for free!
- Should/Could I offer a discount on any orders while the show is on?
It's your show, if you want to you can. You might have some stock at regular prices, like your latest work and a discount on some older pieces that you want to move.
- Is WIFI available?
Yes, you can access our Guest WIFI network for free.
- Can I do a painting demo or work on some art while I'm there?
Yes, provided you keep the place clean. I know how excited some artists get when they paint, they start flinging stuff all over the walls, the ceiling, walk it all into the carpet - yes, I've seen it!!!! But I know you lot aren't like that, you will leave the place as clean as when you arrived, won't you?